It has been really wet here with massive downpours and thunderstorms, so the horse pens are a wee bit soggy. I wanted to get the mud off him and he was pretty agreeable about it. A couple of other times today he let me lift his feet and hold the toe for a sec, without me haltering him. Progress!
I turned Sassy out by herself in one of the "grass" pens (it's mostly weeds!) as I want her to move around a bit. Her leg is swelling and she gets stocked up overnight. I am cold hosing it which really helps, and treating it with Underwoods. I will spare you the grisly photos of her owy.
Now that I have Sassy here I can't run Mesa and T'weed into the foaling pen for their foal ration, so I stepped it up a bit and brought him outside the pen to eat his num nums. It worked out well, his mama didn't seem to care. She is letting him get quite independent now.
I was quite proud of him today! He really stepped up and advanced today.
He is starting to shed his baby hair and his true colour is showing around his eyes now. He is going to be quite handsome!

7 comments:
❤️ My oh my, he is doing so well. I can’t believe how good he did for you brushing his legs. And shedding out! This is going to be fun. I didn’t win the contest predicting his date of birth, but somehow I feel like I won the foaling contest. 😂 I love him!
Progress is great. Nice to see extra work pay off.
Aww, the little guy is starting to grow into his own. He is going to be gorgeous, already is. Linda definitely won the foaling contest!! Those cowbirds (?) sitting on Sassy just crack me up!
How did Sassy get hurt? I hope she gets all healed up..I am certain you will get it all taken care of. Tumbleweed is standing good for you! What a boy!
I can't wait to see his big-kid color!
Not related to this post, but I was surprised when you announced a while back that you would be looking to sell Mesa. It's always seemed like you were waiting for a Beamer filly to keep and train up for yourself. Is she not the right match/personality for you, or have you changed your goal and just don't want to start from the ground up again? I can tell you're very happy to have Gussy back -- did that factor into the decision?
Sure like his abbreviated name, so cute.
Far Side- we don't know what Sassy injured herself on, only that she was up against something and pulled back and it caught her in her elbow and ripped a 5 inch slit in her skin, exposing the muscle. A bad spot to heal because of all the movement.
Anna- While Mesa is up for sale, it will have to be the right person. For sale but not on sale. My heart is really set on a Beamer /Belle filly. Coyote Belle's mama was my heart mare, and I want to ride one of her granddaughters. I do love Mesa, she is sweet and smart and it is ok with me if she doesn't sell. I will just continue to train her as if she is staying.
Post a Comment