Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Spring, wouldya hurry up?

Even though nasty weather is still hitting hard in a lot of areas, we are quite mild here, and it looks like the end of winter isn't too far away. Especially when I see things like this:
Only a horse person would be happy about this much hair flyin' around!

It was warm enough to give Beamer some turnout time today, and he had a blast in his usual style,
leaping,

 and cavorting,


 and making snow angels.


If things go according to plan, Gussie will be here on Friday afternoon. Yeah!

16 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

I hope the shedding is right ! I have had enough this winter!

Rising Rainbow said...

They're starting to blow hair here too. Must say I am happy if it means warmer and dryer weather is coming.

You got some great shots. I love seeing horses play like that.

Ed said...

He has too much fun in snow..:-)
Great shots..

Dreaming said...

I love the actions shots. What fun!

cdncowgirl said...

I love the leaping shot :)

No hair flying here yet though - Boo-urns!!

cheyenne jones said...

Here in the uk, my lot have still got a really heavy coat of hair! Looks like we`re in for some tough weather next week.

Anonymous said...

Saw the first few hairs shedding yesterday - when it was below zero F! Come on, shedding time . . .

Mrs. Mom said...

Lookin good there Beamer!! Love the contrast between his color and the snow Shirley. Makes his action shots look even cooler!!


Saw a large pony last week that is starting the shed down here too. I'm kinda dreading it- means bugs are not that far away. Oh well...

Crystal said...

Wish we had started shedding taht much, i have seen a few hairs before I went away, but its been to cold to ride, and no shedding off the babies yet. But Im wishing for spring too!

Janice said...

No flying hair here....-20 last night.Love Beamers snow angel. Got my fingers crossed on Gussie.

Janice said...

Ps. Love the new header was that there earlier today...cause if it was I really am not a very observant person.

Sarah said...

LOVE the snow angel! What a creative horse! Is he always so enthusiastic? I think every picture you ever post of Beamer, he's going full out for fun!

CTG Ponies said...

I can't wait to see some shedding hair!

The Equestrian Vagabond said...

the perfect horse snow angel!!! way to go beamer!
The Equestrian Vagabond

Anonymous said...

I love it! What a happy boy. I absolutely, positively LOVE his snow angel - it looks JUST like him!!!! How cool!

SallymetHarryHorse said...

beautiful photos! love them