Sorry about the ears and tail not being in the photo; I couldn't get far enough away in that little pen. I had her trotting out pretty good as I wanted her to feel that saddle bouncing around. She did get a little annoyed and humped a little each direction, but a good strong growled "Here!" and a flip of the rope and she quit and leveled out. I also longed her first with the rope dragging on the ground to get her used to things around her legs and feet; she wasn't too sure about that "thing" following everywhere, but that too was quickly figured out. She's a smart girl.
Doesn't she look like Beamer in this photo? I really wish I had a round pen to work in; I could do so much more with her. Her prospective owner will be coming to see her on Tuesday, barring any complications.
Ted is picking Gussie up today, and staying in Black Diamond, then hauling her home tomorrow. Happy dance!
Are we done now? Can I eat some hay?
I love how long and thick her mane is- more like her mama than Beamer.
10 comments:
Very cute young ones! We have no round pen either, which requires creativity.
Glad Gussie is getting home , wish I could have helped, but I did try! Velvet is doing well ,good luck on the sale.Love the shot of Beamer in your header,that horse just seems to love life!
She is doing well, love the look of her, reminds me of a young Gracie.
she looks pretty good there, and glad you are getting Gussie home too.
Yes a round pen would be a delight! Maybe you can get one before too long! She's such a pretty girl and so well behaved!
I'll be at the ranch this weekend and early next week. Gonna see what I can do with the colt. I'll let you know how it goes when I get back on the road in a couple weeks
She's looking good. Nice for those people if they buy her they will be getting her with a nice head start. If Spring ever comes Jazz(AKA Sparkle)will be starting her lessons. The good thing about living on a gravel pit is you get excellent drainage.....Wahoo I'm ready.
Oh my gosh she is a cutie! I would put her in my pen any day!!! Good luck!
Looking good!
velvet is such a sweet girl! of course, all your animals are sweet!
Shirley, Velvet is looking good, those new owners better appreciate the work you have put into her!!!
Sure glad you got Gussie coming home!! will be good to have her back!!
Take care my friend
Post a Comment