Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Year Ago

Today, the wind is howling, snow is blowing,  the horses are huddled in their shelters, and I don't even want to set foot outside. It's a good thing that I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom , because I discovered that we had no water when I went to wash my hands. My wonderful husband got up (at 3 AM!) to discover the problem; ended up he had to crawl under the trailer and plug in the heat tape; it seems a certain cat had managed to unplug it.
I was looking back on my blog from last year today, and it was a Wordless Wednesday in which I featured Coyote Belle, the day that I brought her home. She was looking quite thin, and the horse dentist worked on her a couple of days later which really made all the difference in her.She looks much better this year, and I am really looking forward to the new baby- which I have dubbed Babybel so far!
Stay warm folks, I know this storm system is hitting a lot of you.

11 comments:

cheyenne jones said...

Sorry! Nothing but warm weather here, wet! But warm, around a nice 53F.

Linda said...

We have the same weather--blizzard warning in effect. Looks like mama is doing good there!

Tracey said...

I love Beamer! I know, your post is about Coyote Belle, but I still love Beamer, lol!

We've been hit by a bit of snow too, as you know. Wish we had Cheyenne's weather!

Janice Grinyer said...

-5 today, still snowing - suppose to go lower tomorrow. ugh.

Mr. Foresterman is not home yet; should be this weekend. Now i know why wild west frontier women got married lol

what? i was thinking of splitting wood, feeding chores and plowing snow, what were you thinkin' ;) ?

crystal.cattle said...

I joys of winter! This is my first time on your blog, and I love your header picture. Definitely a right time, right place picture.

www.cdycattle.blogspot.com

Shirley said...

Go west- I'm thinking of avoiding hauling out the hose to fill the water tanks until the wind dies down.
Crystal.cattle- Beamer gives me lots of that type of photo, he always hams it up for the camera, frolics in circles around me whenever he sees the camera.

Linda said...

LOL Babybel......a cheesy sort of name. I loved yesterdays W.W.......very frame worthy!

Crystal said...

haha last year when my Belle was prego, thats what I called the baby too! probly a good thing it was a colt or he woulda been called baby all summer.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Hope your water unfreezes soon. It's good to have a man around the house. Gosh, I've been there (frozen/broken pipes) this winter!
Looking forward to seeing Babybel make his/her appearance this spring.

Shirley said...

FV, the water thawed out in 5 minutes after Ted got the heat tape going again. We caught it just in time! If it had remained frozen for hours we may have had burst pipes- we were lucky.

Susan said...

That cold air is hitting us too, -21 this morning.