Once I get my horse dentist up here, I'll get her teeth floated and wolf teeth pulled, then I'll introduce her to the snaffle bit. This filly comes from Bar Diamond Y Quarter Horses, (see their link on my Sale Barn) and they are all proving to have this wonderful trainable mind. My friend John is 75 years old, and he is starting them himself. Good for him!Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Back to working Sassy
I have heard back from the new owners of Gussie and Andee; they are both happy with their new girls. Gussie is sporting a new name, they are calling her Sunday-lovely name! Well, on to my next project; Sassy went back to school today. I longed her in the bosal, then looped the mecate line around to serve as a set of driving lines and did a little ground driving, which went well once she figured out it was ok to have me behind her instead of in the center of the circle. I got my saddle out and longed her in her halter. She accepts the saddle without any fuss; I think this filly is going to be almost too easy to work with!
Once I get my horse dentist up here, I'll get her teeth floated and wolf teeth pulled, then I'll introduce her to the snaffle bit. This filly comes from Bar Diamond Y Quarter Horses, (see their link on my Sale Barn) and they are all proving to have this wonderful trainable mind. My friend John is 75 years old, and he is starting them himself. Good for him!
Once I get my horse dentist up here, I'll get her teeth floated and wolf teeth pulled, then I'll introduce her to the snaffle bit. This filly comes from Bar Diamond Y Quarter Horses, (see their link on my Sale Barn) and they are all proving to have this wonderful trainable mind. My friend John is 75 years old, and he is starting them himself. Good for him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I haven't been on your horse blog in a while Shirley. You have such beautiful horses! I'm glad you sold your two ponies to good homes. (Yes, I know they are not really ponies!)
Wish you were coming for Christmas! We are going to the Sunshine Coast in November to spend a weekend with Margi, then making the tour through the Kootenays to see everyone.
She is a gorgeous girl! I love the ones that have such trainable minds and are eager to learn.
Post a Comment