Although this is Hallowe'en night, this isn't a post about things that go bump in the night. Here is an update on Gussie-now known as Sunday- Pat called to tell me that they did an ultrasound, and Gussie/Sunday is definitely pregnant. Also, they got her teeth floated-note to self- call the horse dentist! Looks like I will be buying the foal back off them as they really don't want to raise a foal. That is just fine with me; if it's anything like Peppy, it will be a terrific baby.

When it comes to Chickory, I thought I needed all the insight I could get, so I contacted Twila Hayes at Awakening Spirit . She helped me to see things from Chickory's point of view, and gave me some things to do that will soften up my approach to this wonderful little filly. I won't go into details here, but I will journal the results here. I believe God puts challenges in our paths for good reason, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this one plays out. The end result that I am looking for is a willing partnership. Sometimes we have to step away from our usual way of doing things, take a good look at ourselves, and not be afraid to trust, to change, and to think outside the box. After all, that is exactly what I am asking Chickory to do.
2 comments:
Sounds interesting , I am looking forward to hearing updates and how it goes.Andee is her same sweet self, I rthink hanging out with miss "in your face" Kat has helped as well.
Congratulations to the new owners! I hope everything goes well. Do keep us posted, will ya?
Post a Comment