Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Life goes on.....

The cool weather set in yesterday, with the wind blowing all the leaves off the trees. I spent the day working at the auction market, penning the critters such as this one:

We only had about 800 head go through, so we got off early and I worked with Andee, who is coming along nicely. She is much easier to halter- don't have to use the stick now and she is trusting me enough that I can pet her after I turn her loose. Also I have someone interested in her, so all my work on her will pay off and I can halter and lead her for them when they come up to see her. She really is a nice girl at heart, and kinda pretty too!

All my weanlings have a good winter coat coming in. I plan on riding Beamer a lot this winter so I decided to start blanketing him, and put his blanket on him this afternoon. I'll take it off during the days if it warms up.

I entered Gussie in the Western Breeders Sale in Olds, Alberta, the 18 and 19 of this month, so I've been riding her lots in preparation for it. I thought the wind would make her silly riding today, but she was really good. I plan on putting a reserve on her, so if the bidding doesn't go high enough, I'll be bringing her home -which won't break my heart! It'll be a good venue to get her out in public and maybe eventually get her a good home. Then my next project will be Sassy, the palomino filly. I need to do more ground work on her; longeing saddled up, ground driving, more in-hand trail, etc. By next May she should be the kind that you can just step on her and she'll be nice and easy to get going under saddle.


1 comment:

kdwhorses said...

You've been busy!

Good work on the horses, coming along fine!

Our's are starting to get haired up! It was actually cold this morning!

BTW-I posted my What's in My Truck today!