Monday, October 13, 2008

Canadian Thanksgiving Day

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends! There are so many things to be thankful for, and I know it is difficult for many of us right now to focus on the good things in our lives when it seems that our world is falling apart. It's a proven fact that gratitude is good for you both physically and spiritually and so today I am going to count my blessings:

-My husband, Ted, a kind and generous man, the best friend I have ever had;
-My friends, who keep in touch with me wherever life and my husband lead me;
-My daughter;
-This beautiful country that I live in, even with all her faults;
-That I have a roof over my head; enough food to eat, unlike many who have to live on the streets;
-That I am able to work, and have a job (or two or three...)
-That I have a church to go to and don't have to worry about my life being threatened for my beliefs;
-That I am still in relatively good health:
-That I can think of so many more blessings that they are too numerous to list here, but I'd like to mention that I am thankful for the internet which has allowed me to be in touch with people from all over the world, even if we may never meet;
-And then there are these blessings, who bring joy to my life:

My boy

My girls

Little boy blue

The most pathetic dogs in the world


My furry feline friends

And I'm really thankful that we did not get the snow that my friends in Saskatchewan got yesterday!!! Thanks for the photos, Carol!

4 comments:

Callie said...

Well. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you, even though I'm not Canadian. Curious, Do you celebrate with turkey and stuff like that? Like we do in the states? Or...????

Shirley said...

Thanks, Callie! Yes, it's traditional to do the big turkey dinner with all the trimmings. But since there's only me and Ted, we did roast beef and had a friend over.

kdwhorses said...

Happy Candian Thanksgiving to you all!

Love your blessings, you are so right, we are blessed beyond measure! Little Peppy, isn't so little anymore?!?!?

Trapper Creek Daughter said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving! That's some deep snow!