Thursday, October 2, 2008

What's in your truck?

What we carry around with us in our vehicles says a lot about us. Here's what is in my truck:


In the back seat- copies of the registration papers on the horses I have for sale; my straw hat; 2 spare ball caps; 3 reusable shopping bags. On the floor- tissues; a steel bowl for watering the dogs tucked partway under the seat; extra set of spurs, tie down strap; and two hitches- 2" and 2 5/16". Not visible in the pockets is the jar of peanuts (emergency rations!); the mearuring tape, lint roller, two pairs of work gloves, and a shammy.

On my visor is a Cross with the motorists prayer and a holy card; sunglasses with the business card for the vet tucked in behind. Also in the front I keep a power box for plugging in my cell phone, more sunglasses, pens and cd's and tucked into the headliner on each side is a poppy for Remembrance Day (Memorial Day in the US).

And in the back-what else but two border collies! When winter hits, I'll have a few more things, such as a blanket, a shovel, warm gloves; and I'll cover the back seat with an old sheet so that the dogs can ride inside when it gets too cold.

Now I tag KDW at Blackjack Land and Cattle, Mikey at Horseshoeing Housewife Linda at Just Another Day on the Prairie and W.O.W. at A Cowboy's Life to give us some insight on what their vehicle says about them!

9 comments:

Tracey said...

I had a bunch of wet wool sundrying in the cab of my truck the other day.

kdwhorses said...

Cool tag! Will get on it and get it posted!

Mikey said...

Oh my!! Your truck is a LOT cleaner than mine, lol. I will definitely do this one, soon as I finish shoeing today :) Y'all are gonna be scared...lol

Linda said...

What's in my truck is messy, really, really messy. I'm going to have to clean before I reveal myself but I will. Good post and you do at least have a tidy truck! Me, not so much!

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Wow! This could be dangerous territory! LOL! Just getting on here 'comfortably' w/o disconnect...hmmm.maybe I should have been before I read this...
Ok, Shirley...I'll get to this...it won't be as 'exciting' as yours!
(hey, Cowboy just told me to tell you...nothing is in ours they are CLEAN! LOL..like that's the truth!)

Trapper Creek Daughter said...

Love your post! Your truck is so clean....

Shirley said...

Tracey, I bet that smelled great for a few days!
KWD, Mikey, Linda, and WOW, I can't wait!
As far as my truck being clean, Ted gets to naggin' if I let it get too messy, and the only thing worse than a nagging woman is a nagging man!

paramedicgirl said...

Nice truck! I just keep my paramedic gear in my car. Backpack with Mosby's Drug Guide for Nurses, stethospcope, felt pack boots, (just in case) a map book, a change of clean, ironed uniform, and a whole lot of other gear related to my job. Most of it is in the trunk, 'cause I like to have a clean vehicle.

Yup, what we carry in our vehicles says a lot about us.

paramedicgirl said...

Forgot to mention - I have the cross/clip on my visor with the Anima Christi prayer card that you gave me, and a garage door opener.