Thursday, October 15, 2009

Are you ready....

For a big dose of cuteness? Errrrrr, make that a little dose of cuteness! Everybody, meet Poco!
He is a 3 week old mini donkey that belongs to the folks who bought Coyote Belle.
Ain't he just 'dorable! Becuase of the damp weather and being born so late in the year, he gets to wear a little dog blanket at night:

And he is about the same size as the dog!
He posed so pretty,
that I could have taken hundreds of photos!

So I have a question for all those of you who raise donkeys; do they need any vaccinations, and are there any special requirements for them, other than hay, grass salt, and water?

15 comments:

Cindy said...

How precious! Just gorgeous.
cindy

Mrs. Mom said...

Same vaccinations as horse I believe, along with routine hoof care and worming, and LOADS of TLC! Which IMO is easy to provide when you have a lil' fuzzy buddy who is just THAT adorable!!!!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

One thing I do know is they have poor circulation in the legs so when it is very cold they need lots of dry bedding . Nieghbors found this out the hard way sadly. What a cutie I just want to
cuddle him.

lisa said...

He's just adorable. I loved the pictures!

Mikey said...

Cuteness personified! Check with Painted Promise Rescue Ranch on my blogroll. They are donkey folks and can give you any and all info you need. Susan is her name and she'll be glad to help:)

Michele said...

aww! isn't he just soo cute?:D

Paint Girl said...

Now isn't he the cutest thing I have ever seen! Adorable!! Look at that face!

the7msn said...

My vet recommends the same vaccination and deworming schedule for the burros as I give the horses. They're particularly susceptible to lungworm. Other requirements include: traffic cones, jolly balls, and plenty of sticks.

Linda said...

That is some serious cuteness going on!! I've always wanted one of those for a lawn ornament but somebody here keeps saying NO!

The Wife said...

Oh my! He is tooooo CUTE!

Ed said...

Cuteness factor of +10 :-))

Janice said...

What a cutie. He does make you just want to sqeeze him.

Tom in Vegas said...

He sure is CUTE!! He reminds me of Toby!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Oh MY - how cute!!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Hmmmm...why do you ask? Is there a little donkey waiting to come live on your farm? :D

Poco looks like a stuffed animal. I would want to bring him in the house and snuggle him!

~Lisa