Thursday, October 22, 2009

A thank you, and play time



It's here! The calender I won over at Fern Valley Appaloosas! My favorite photos are January and April. Thanks very much, Sherry, now I don't have to buy my usual horsey calender, and this one will remind me of our friendship.
Foose is home, a little confused, but happy to be home.
Beamer was bored the other day....

So I took pity on him and played with him for a while before I went to work.

We played ball, he tossed it over the fence, then expects me to go get it so he can do it again. I use this opportunity to get him used to things rolling around under his legs, and toss it gently onto different parts of his body. I'd like to get one of those big training balls, we could have a lot of fun with that!
Then I chased him up a little so he'd get some exercise, and I am teaching him to rear on command, with success as you can see:

Now, before you get worried, this is not something I ask him to do under saddle, and he never tries it under saddle, even when he's excited! I think Beamer would be a great horse to do tricks with.
He loves to be photographed and always performs for me when he sees the camera.

Making sure I got his extended trot,

And his lovely profile!

16 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Glad you like it Shirley ,it sure was fu to put together! Next year you could do one with all the stunning pics of Beamer and co.

The Wife said...

Lucky girl winning the calendar! Beamer looks like a lot of fun.

lisa said...

You have a pretty special horse there! Lucky you!

lisa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mikey said...

That horse is just entirely too pretty! I love him!!

Michele said...

beamer is the most photogenic horse i have ever seen.

Dusty Devoe said...

He is just so handsome! I love all of his photos.

Shirley said...

Beamer graciously thanks you for all the compliments and wants to remind you that his nickname is Mr. Handsome.

Paint Girl said...

Beamer is just gorgeous!! I absolutely love him!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Beamer always comes across in his pictures as such a powerful horse.

Janice said...

That profile shot is awesome.

Shirley said...

Nuz Muz, Beamer is a powerful horse, but the best part is that he has a superb disposition.

Anonymous said...

Beamer is so beautiful. He should be a calendar! :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Gorgeous Beamer! I hope you'll share how you've trained him to rear on command and show off some of his other tricks, too. I'm very impressed! Such a talented horse (and owner, too). Maybe Beamer will be in the movies one day :)

~Lisa

Shirley said...

Lisa, I'll try to get Ted to get a mini movie of me asking Beamer to rear. It's fairly simple, I started teaching it when he was playing and stepped in front of him, threw my arms up in the air and said "Up!" and up he'd go, then got praised.After doing that a few times, he got the hang of it, and now does it consistently when asked.

Lori Skoog said...

What a great looking horse you have...love that last photo of his profile.