Saturday, October 10, 2009

Just a couple of things....

To brag about!

I'm proud of Chickory, she has really filled out and is a stout and pretty girl; not too bad for a long yearling. But what I'm braggin' about here, is my new hitching rail! My beloved husband did this while I was at work, I helped the next morning with putting on the rail- granted, mostly I just took pictures while he did all the work!

Here he is leveling the posts to the right height; this is before the sun came up!

Check out the heavy frost in these photos.

He drilled holes and bolted the rail in with very heavy lag bolts. (Supervised by Tess and Reba!)
And the other thing I'm braggin' about is the other thing my sweetheart did for me, just to surprise me when I got home from work:

He built the shelves in my office. No more stuff on the floor! (Check out that '70's wallboard!) You know your husband loves you when he spends his only days off doing things to make you happy. (This is much better than flowers, or jewelry!) I hope the cookies I baked him helped him to feel loved too. I'm blessed to have such a loving, caring, and capable husband. I love you, Ted! Thank you!

8 comments:

Mikey said...

Awww, what a good man!! He's handy!

Anonymous said...

Awww, now can I borrow him??? Please?

Janice said...

I want him to come here now.I could sure use a new hitchin post???

Michele said...

i remember jessi's grad pic. she is so pretty! just like her mom!:)

Sherry Sikstrom said...

What a guy ! great stuff he does for you ! .BTW you won!

Paint Girl said...

What a great guy you have! He reminds me of my OH, up bright and early to work on a project, for me! I love it when they do stuff like that!
Chickory is looking really good, and that hitching post, nice!

Anonymous said...

is that a miniature horse figurine on the middle shelf?

Shirley said...

Nope; it's a squirrel!