This massive cottonwood tree is just starting to turn color, but the field has been turned ready for fall planting.
Along the shores of Kootenay Lake there is a little fall color, and snow topped mountains give the air that crisp fall feel.
If I can find my camera this morning, I will add a couple more that I took on our trip to Nelson yesterday; the fall foliage was spectacular there- and I'll put another comment on Sunday Stills website if I do.
Okay, I found my camera so here we go! First, this is what we found at the summit of the Skyway; appropriately enough, Summit Lake.
Looks more like winter foliage! Then we dropped down off the mountain and saw beautiful tamaracks lighting up the mountainside with their golden glow.
When we got to Nelson, I had to keep stopping to take photos because it was so beautiful! Like this maple tree.....
Hope you enjoyed the tour!
17 comments:
Beautiful Shirley! Pumpkins, snow, blue sky...oh the lake is gorgeous!
Love Bommer's pic on your header!! Very cool!
ACK...I really meant Beamer!!! Colt's half brother is Boomer!!! Oh so sorry :( embarrassed now...MORE COFFEE!
Gorgeous photos ! we didn't get the fall color as nice this year ,and now most has blown away. Thanksfor sharing your beautiful views
I have to say I liked the last two shots the best for Fall foliage, and I enjoyed the pumpkins too. :):)
Simply beautiful!! I hate that winter is so close around the corner though.
Fantastic shots! Great tour :-D.
Oooh and ahhhh! So lovely! Wish I could beam myself there for a day! Thanks for sharing you part of the world with us!
The lake ringed ion frosty snow covered trees is so pretty! But the Maple leaves are gorgeous. We don't get much red color here. Sometimes I miss it. :)
Beautiful photos!
~Lisa
Great shots! Love the new header pic..:-))
Just amazing!!!!
really nice photos of mr. handsome! especially the first one.
Beautiful pics. I like them all.
increadible skies & cloud formations in these photos :)
p.s i love your last shot!
Great pics! Nelson is gorgeous.
Wow! This vista of Kootenay Lake shores and Summit Lake are amazingly beautiful. With scenes like these, who need New England?
Tom, the Kootenays are truly beautiful. Come visit next summer!
those photos are precisely why iam homesick:(
Post a Comment