Friday, July 15, 2011

Heading out!

Heading out to Alberta today, for a mini getaway. Some good friends are looking after the herd, the cats will be housebound, much to the disgust of Thumper and Foose, and the 3 dogs are coming with us. We are going to the Calgary Stampede tomorrow, at least for the afternoon, and can't wait to see the Chuckwagon Races.

Remember I said I was a winner over at GunDiva's blog? Well, I got my parcel yesterday, and put the items to use right away.
I chose a couple of holders- for napkins, and business cards. If you haven't visited Horse And Wildlife Gifts, go check 'em out! Lots of cool stuff.  Thanks again, GunDiva!

I opened the gate between the mares pen and Beamer's pasture, because Beamer will be staying in his dry pen while I'm gone, so the mares can mow down the grass in his pasture, then when I get back I'm going to rough cut it because the weeds have taken over. I'd like to get some Graze-on to spray it with this fall. The girls and Rio had to do a high speed inspection of the new paddock, and here's another teaser photo of Rio.
He's almost all shed out now, just his sides and the bottom half of his front legs to go. By the end of the month I should be able to get some good photos.
See you Sunday!

10 comments:

5 Starr's Farm said...

Lot's and Lot's of Fun to You !!!!
have a safe trip.

Janice Grinyer said...

Ohh. hes a beaut for sure!

TAKE LOTS OF PHOTOS! cant wait to see your trip and like 5 starr said, have a safe one!

Sarah said...

Oh Have fun!!! What a cool trip with good timing! I agree with feralwoman! Take LOTS of pictures! I want to see!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

HAve a wonderful time! wave at us from Calgary!

Linda said...

Enjoy your getaway...I wish we could join you at the Stampede. Congrats on the prize!!

cdncowgirl said...

Have a great time! (I've never been to Stampede but have always wanted to go) :)

Graze-on? Never heard of it, can you tell me about it?

lisa said...

Have fun at the Stampede, wish I could go ;) Boy, Rio is one beautiful colt!!! Congrats on the prize too!

cheyenne jones said...

Best wishes on your get-a-way! Rio starting to look very good.

Crystal said...

The prize is nice! Congrats!

Sorry I missed you at the Stampede, went on Thursday cause too many people on the weekends. Hope its a good trip.

Ed said...

Have fun, Rio is looking magnificient!!!