Beamer's owwy when he first ripped his chin:
We had to cut a good chunk of that off, and I started putting Young Living's Purification oil on it, followed by Dermagel spray. This is what it looks like today:
He'll have a little divet on his chin but it should heal up without a scar. I've started putting Lavender oil on it too. He's still Mr. Handsome! This is exactly 3 weeks from the injury.
One of my sisters is visiting for a few days, and she confessed to being a little nervous around horses. So I gave her the Beamer treatment.....
and that got her over it! She has been a great help to me at chore time, and is handling the horses well at feeding time. Thanks sis! Love having you here!
Tomorrow is the estate auction, it will be interesting to see how the buggys and harness sell. There are a lot of horse people in this area, and a driving club, so they should sell well.
We've hit the rainy part of fall, hope we don't get soaked at this auction!

19 comments:
Gosh that WAS an owwey!!! Glad it's better.
So glad to hear, and see, that Beamer is well. He is healing others too!
Your sis sure has a glowing smile, neat that she's there!
Were just got our fresh batch of moisture here, as well.
Love the pic of your sister!!! And Beamer's owey looks pretty good.
Good to know Beamer is doing good! You are doing a great job with his owie! Hope you have a great visit with your sister. Mine lives in Illinios and I know I sure love it when she comes out for visits!
Good news about Beamer. am like your sister a little nervous about horses. I may need a Beamer treatment too.
Have fun with your sister. B
Ouch, that made me cring! It's always amazing to me how well they heal with TLC. I am sure your sister is treasuring her visit & experience with your horses, as much as you are ~ enjoy this memorable time together!
Yay Beamer!
Its amazing the way naturals (like the aloe vera you sent us!) work so well - Tomaz is still tenderfooted, but its just a matter of time when his new pads toughten up...
you be a homeopathic Mom for sure!!! ;)
Wow! That healed so well!
Love the picture of Beamer and your sister! Hanging with sisters is the best, add a horse or two is the greatest!! (0:
wow that healed up well! i hadn't heard of those medicines, except lavender oil.
- The Equestrian Vagabond
Owch! That has got to hurt! I'm glad to hear he's getting better, too! How did he get hurt?
Healing nicely....a little divet...just adds to his already abundant character.....and he gets bragging rights to the rest of the herd:)
That was a bad cut, but amazing how it healed so nicely. Also amazing that The Beamer treatment, for people who are scared of horses, involves riding a stallion....Beamer! That is such a testament to his good nature.
Love that purification oil!! I even wound up using some on Bully with his persistent hoof rot this year!! My newly minted Vet (Angela ) laughs at me and call it snake oil, but she can't argue with results!
The scar will just make him a more handsome and dashing fella..:-))
I obviously missed the Beamer owy this summer...nasty! I'll have to go find the post. It's sure healed up nicely! LOL...don't think your sis could smile any bigger!
That's great that Beamer's owy healed up so well!! And even more great that your sister rode Beamer!! What a fantastic horse!
So glad Beamer is healing up so nicely!
Looks to be healing really good..you make a good Vet! :)
looks like our sister had fun on beamer:D it was good talking to her again :)
Post a Comment