Saturday, February 22, 2014

Just for a change...

from puppy cuteness and frolicking horses- this blog has gone to the birds today!
We are in a state of flux here, the winter birds have moved on and the spring birds are trickling in. The other morning I was serenaded  by Red-Winged Blackbirds as I fed the horses, and the geese are everywhere.
My favourite though, is the resident barn owls. I did a photo shoot of them the other day, and as usual, they were perched in the rafters.
One of them took flight, and I was blessed to be able to get some more photos.


Did you know that the flight of a Barn Owl is soundless unless their wings are wet?

4 comments:

Kurious Kim said...

Stunning!

Montanagirl said...

Great shots - love that third photo of it in the tree. Nicely done!

Janice said...

Well done Shirley, really nice pics. I guess that's what makes them such efficient hunters.

cdncowgirl said...

I love owls, especially listening to them hoot & call.
The first in flight pic is stunning :)