Contain yourself, Beamer- there are a lot of details to work out first!
The reason I have never really pursued this before, is because dealing with the public is a P.I.T.A.
Another reason is that there is a limited market in this area, as I will only stand him to registered QH mares- and they have to be decent mares, nothing with bad conformation or nasty disposition. There are a couple of stallions in this area that have been here longer than I have and they pretty well have the client list taken, so I am working on sending him to Alberta to stand at a friend's place- the person who bought Chickory and Coyote Belle. He has a marvellous place, and knows his way around breeding contracts and mare owners.
My first task will be to get the 5-panel test for genetic disease done, and once I get the results back (he won't have any problem coming up negative for all 5 ) I can load him up and head over there.
Hang on Beamer, we ain't leaving yet!
We put it out feelers on Facebook, and had a lot of interest with 3 people lined up to bring their mares already, so it looks good for the boy over there.
Yes, Beamer, I'm sure they will find you good looking!
He makes such nice babies, it's a shame to not let him do his job, so I'm glad I have this opportunity for him.



14 comments:
If I had any interest in breeding what so ever, he would be my first choice!
He's simply fabulous and will produce some beautiful foals I'm sure.
Pass on those beautiful genetics.
where is the ranch located? Martin has talked about breeding Andee to Beamer, might be handy if he is closer
You must trust this gent immensely to send Mr. Handsome there. That's assuming, of course, that he is looking after the breeding or did you plan to stay in Alberta with Beamer and take care of the hands-on part yourself? He does make beautiful and good-minded babies and I'm sure Beamer won't mind one litte bit :)
The ranch is near Champion Alberta, and Beamer would be pasture breeding- at least, that is the current plan.
Well, good luck. It is always a spice of life to have a variety! :-)
That sounds like a pretty darned good plan to me. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would like to breed a nice mare to Beamer. :-)
Handsome boy you are Beamer and those girls will take one look at those perfect Q.H. jowls of yours and swoon ~ I am certain of it.
I'm sure Beamer will be happy.Those pups are getting cuter. I would have wanted the girl Taken or the boy with the most black. Good thing I can't have another one.
Beamer is going to be worth his weight in gold, there is no better stud in B.C. :-))
Handsome :)
Sounds like a plan. He is a beauty so I would think that he would be real busy:)
Lucky ladies to have a boyfriend like Beamer!
Post a Comment