Thursday, January 29, 2015

Ahhhhhhh.......



O glorious sunshine how I missed you! 
It had been waaaay too long since your warmth last kissed my cheek!

Beamer has been complaining of boredom lately so we saddled up and headed out into the cow pasture. This is a pen of heiferettes who will be bred for the first time this spring. I think there's a few late calves in with them.


My trusty sidekick wasn't about to be left behind, Tess is happily trucking along. Reminds me of the Christmas Carol "mark my footsteps good my page" from Good King Wenceslaus"

The field was our arena today, we loped circles, worked on sliding stops (fun in the snow!)


We practiced our two track......
And just had an absolutely lovely ride!
When I got back I turned the kidz out for a romp. I took Nitro out first.
He was happy to be able to light it up, their pen is a mix of mud, ice and poo right now.

He's a power house! But he kept looking for his buddies, so I added Kai and Josie in the mix.


 That was good for about 20 minutes of horseplay!

There was some red-headed attitude going on- I heard her give Kai double barrels when he was being too pesky.


Th' boyz were at their head games, rear up and bite each other.

I think Nitro won this round.

Yup, a totally wonderful sunny afternoon, perfect for that overdue horse fix I (and my horses) desperately needed!

No comments: