Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Purple Haze

Sigh.
The highway.....

the gravel road where I turn off the highway.....

the turn into my driveway.....

and boom- it was sunset and purple fog. It only lasted a few minutes.....
it quickly faded....
The fog has been here for a few days now and it's really depressing. At least it is warm and melting all that ice and snow. I am really trying to get motivated to ride tomorrow - but I'm darned if I will haul anywhere in the fog so perhaps I will jump on Beamer tomorrow and ride the cattle fields, which will keep me off the roads.

7 comments:

Janice said...

That is depressing.....but makes for some cool photo ops.

CDH said...

It's been foggy here too! Off and on. Went to spokane on Monday, it was socked in. Got home, clear as a bell. And it's been warm when the fog lifts. No snow, no ice. Buttercups should be popping outta the ground soon! :)
Cheri

Ed said...

Cool pics, just be glad its not below freezing and snowing.. :-)

Buttons Thoughts said...

Well it sure is pretty. Depressing is not a good thing. HUGS B

Nikker said...

Wow, you've really got fog! We've had it briefly in the mornings and then a couple of evenings, but nothing like that. Thank goodness!! Love the purple picture!!

Crystal said...

Its been pretty nice here, sunny. But today is not foggy but the clouds are covering and low and its just grey. And not as pretty as your purple either. Hope you get some sun soon, that is one thing I like in Alberta we get lots of sun (even if its super cold)

Unknown said...

Fog is depressing, but I've never seen it turn purple before! How cool.