She wasn't quite sure about that moving water, tried to circle me a few times.
We stayed until she relaxed.
Then back up the trail, enjoying the view- these walks are as much for me as they are for her.
Then back down on that trail you can just see in that photo, on the left side, where quads cut down into the bush.
We found this really cool old stump that I really want to take home and plant with flowering vines and pretty flowers.
Tuesday is the day I plan on going to Alberta to pick up Gussie. We are supposed to get 20 cm. of snow today and tonight, and then it clears off, so hopefully by Tuesday the crews will have the roads in good shape. If not, I'll wait a couple more days.
Doing chores yesterday morning I noticed some deer running through the neighbour's fields, then saw Beamer alerting and spotted this doe, looking back the way they came. She ended up going back, her young ones must not have followed the rest of the herd and she had to go back to them. Beamer loves that spot, he keeps an eye on everything that goes on over at the neighbours. He loves it when they have their cattle and sheep over in that field.
He still is a bit too sore to ride, he has a puffy spot on his knee. So I just groom him and love up on him.
5 comments:
Great Beamer shot with the deer!
That is one beautiful stump! I hope Ted can haul it to your yard! :)
Beautiful views on your walk with your girl! It's wonderful how much exposure Mesa is getting with you, she will no doubt be an amazing trail horse.
You’re so lucky you can walk to such a beautiful spot. I don’t have that option from my house. Mesa is really becoming a walking companion for you! That’s a real blessing, especially in winter when it’s harder to get out and move.
gorgeous pics! Safe trip to get Gussie! too bad it wasn't further north , I could offer you and bed and bale for the return
Post a Comment