Thursday, February 15, 2018

The news

Here we go.....


 Well hello there....


It won't be long before I enjoy this view again....


My beautiful red-headed diva is coming home!
My offer on Gussie was finally accepted, and now all I have to do is brave the winter roads for about 5 or 6 hours and go get her. Plans are for next week. I am so excited! She is 15 now, and has had a lot of additional training over the last few years ; here is what they put in her ad:

"Gussie" is a been there, done that horse. She can be ridden bareback, or run through barrels or poles. Has been used for Ranch Roping and is very comfortable on the end of a rope, has been worked with the heel-o-matic and is very good dragging a dummy behind her, and is quite cowy. She has a lot of go, responds nicely to leg and rein pressure, neck reins well. As an older mare, she would work well for a high school rodeo prospect. Very friendly mare, comfortable with other horses or by herself.


I had been thinking about her for a few months before I found out she was for sale, and the way everything has worked out has been totally amazing in a meant-to-be kind of way. Also, I may have someone interested in Rosalee- her original breeder contacted me today, she always liked her from the time she was born and is considering breeding her to her own stallion, and letting me keep the foal. Y'all say a little prayer that this will work out for me!!!

And I may have another surprise in store...more on that next week if it happens! And this on would be on the "better to ask forgiveness than to ask for permission" premise. 😉

6 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

Woohooo :-D

Far Side of Fifty said...

Travel safely to bring her home:)
If I was to ask forgivness instead of permission it would probably involve a critter:)

aurora said...

My hunch was right :) will be fun to see Gussie again, she is gorgeous! No clue what your next surprise might be tho, never a dull moment in your horse world! Funny how things work out.

Linda said...

Wow! Congratulations!! And keeping her foal would be excellent!! It sounds like a win-win!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

So exciting! I know she was a little tall for your tastes but Gussie is meant to be with you

Anna said...

I've been quietly reading since before you sold Belle and Gussie, so it's very exciting that they'll both be back home again! How well do horses remember their herdmates? Will they be happy to be back together?