Monday, February 26, 2018

No February blahs this year.

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

This was yesterday afternoon..... 

But today it cleared off, we got about 5 or 6 inches of snow. But with the sun shining and everything melting, it was a beautiful day today.
I turned Rosalee out with the herd this morning; it has been a few days that she has been completely separate.  I saw her and Gussie hanging out over the fence yesterday, 

so I figured it was time to put all the girls together.
 It went well.

Yay for no drama! Rosalee still is a bit snarky with Gussie, but it's mostly just an ear pinning or a head snaking. I did put Rosalee back in her pen for the night, I think I'll continue doing that until after foaling.
So... I took Gussie to the round pen this afternoon. I wanted to see her moving out, since I know how bad her teeth are and I know how it affects movement. Her mouth is pretty much locked up, only very tiny side to side movement.
I took a video of her moving out- tell me what you see and we will discuss it in the comment section. 


And just because I couldn't wait any longer, I rode her in the round pen, bareback and in just a halter as I don't want to bridle her until her teeth are done.

It was so wonderful to ride her again! And yes, I had to climb on the fence and line her up to get on her big self! I'm sure I had a big silly grin on my face. It was so nice to feel that smooth pleasure jog she has. I gave her big hugs and told her how happy I am to have her back.

Riding day 9

5 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am just happy she is back with you:)

cdncowgirl said...

After she has her dental done are you getting any body work done? (massage, chiro) I would want her poll checked just from what I've seen in the video :/

Linda said...

It sounds like the two of you hit it off again. I can’t see anything unusual in the video. I’ll be interested to hear what you’re seeing.

Shirley said...

Lisa- yes, I will get body work done on her. I did the bladder Meridian yesterday (Masterson Method) and found tricky spots all over. Poll, mid neck, withers, loin and hip areas on both sides. In the video you can see that she is cross firing, (wrong lead behind) and that she travels with her head up, which of course hollows out her back. Yesterday when I trimmed her hind feet, she had a really hard time holding up her right hind for long. When I rode she had very little bend in her body. So I won't be asking a lot of her until we get the physical issues dealt with. I will do more of the Masterson techniques on her until I can get my chiro guy to come and work on her, and once her teeth are done it will make a big difference in her movement.

Janice said...

I didn’t notice much except the high head and hold....until you changed direction... I see a lot of things going on in the hind end but mostly the right hind, looks painful.