Ted built me the pedestal step for Mesa, we had one session with it. She thought I was crazy to ask her to step up on that li'l bitty thing; she has no problem going into the trailer or the barn but something this small is new to her. Also it was a bit damp so her foot slipped forward, I'll have to add some grit to it before we work it again. I did use treats, and placed her foot, gave her a treat, rinse and repeat. We stopped when she left the foot there after I placed it.
Next thing to build will be a bridge.
The next morning, it was cold, and she had the wind up her tail when I went to feed.
She is such a character! In this video, I was keeping her away from the feed as she got a little too rambunctious too close to me. This morning, we have some fresh snow and they were performing again, Beamer got in on it too.
Due to changing circumstances, Rosalee is back up for sale. I am secretly hoping that she doesn't sell before her colt is born...... we shall see.
7 comments:
I love how much you are enjoying Mesa, the filly you waited so long for.
I wonder if you've ever taught Beamer to rear on command? Since he does it naturally.....
Not really on command, but I can encourage him to show off and he usually complies.
Dang! I was hoping to follow her birth! She's such a beautiful horse. This foal will probably be very special. Where did you list her for sale at?
She is listed on several Facebook pages including Mare Match Up, and 3 Canadian pages. If that doesn't generate interest I'll put her on Northern Horse .com
A scary box for Mesa...sounds like she did good. I hope you sell R but I want to see the baby too:)
Crazy weather patterns, don't think the animals know what to make of it. I have a hunch...wonder if I will be right?!!
Looks like Mesa is a lot of fun for you! I can't say I guessed right about your readhead because I read the posts in the wrong order, but I am sure happy for you
Post a Comment