Thursday, February 26, 2009

Staying warm....

There isn't much we could do today, so it was a day to snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie. Well, apparently there was no room for me on the couch! Tess loves to cuddle upside down, and Bubby always lays claim to Ted's belly.
They weren't about to give up their comfy spots for me! So I was on the love seat, and I thought this view was hilarious:

They stayed all cuddled up for the whole movie. Time now to go back outside for the evening chores; the birds cleaned up all the seeds in the birdfeeder, so I have to fill it again. The horses seem to not be bothered by the cold, and they do have a deep-bedded shelter to lie in. They are sure going through the hay in this weather though!

4 comments:

cdncowgirl said...

Our horses are burning through hay this year too.
I board and the set up is a feed pen and corrals. Normally the horses have access to the hay in the feed pen all day and are locked out in the evening. When its really cold they have access 24/7. This year its been "really cold" more often than not so they're just allowed access all the time.

Jenn said...

Ooh, they sure all look warm and cuddly! We have one cat who ADORES my husband and as soon as he sits down, anywhere, she is in his lap or on his shoulder begging for attention.

We've gone through a ton of hay this winter, too, and I KNOW we haven't gotten nearly as cold as you! My ponies are all fat though, so most likely it's me feeling sorry for them and tossing a tad too much for them to munch.

Shirley said...

My horses have access to hay 24/7. I feed round bales in a feeder. The horses eat the same way as if they are on pasture grazing; they only take as much as they need. None of them are fat. I think that horses do best when they have free access to feed because that's the way their digestive system works. The book Healing Horses Their Way by Marijke van der Water has an excellent description of how the horse's digestive system works. It's a must read!

Tom in Vegas said...

Shirley, you guys forgot the popcorn! LOL.

My, that couch does look comfy:0)