All the horses are sporting freshly trimmed toes today- yes, even Sparkle! We did her first, and although she was a bit of a brat, it didn't take too long to get her done. The good news is that her left hind foot that had issues is going to be fine in another trim or two; he got most of the rolled under flare trimmed off, and the rest will come by the end of the summer. She's walking pretty now! As a side note, although Sparkle looks like a bay in this photo, if you look at the places where the baby fur is rubbing off, it's black underneath, but her face is shedding out the same colour as her dam's, so she will end up being smoky black/brown. I'll get some better photos so I can show you what I mean.
Beamer is trimmed and ready to ride, I'll give him today off and hit the training trail tomorrow. Woo-hoo!
Farriers are a great source of information, I learned from this one some of the issues in this valley pertaining to horses feet; as well as the different weather patterns in the different areas so which areas are muddier, and which are drier, etc., and even got a lead on a property to go look at. Found out too who to phone so that I can go cattle sorting on Beamer, and the where the roping is. Looks like it could be a busy summer!
I leave you with this video of what I have to put up with when I'm trying to write a blog post....
13 comments:
Glad to see you're starting to settle in nicely at your new place.
Lovely lovely lovely horses...my dog thinks its treat day when ours are trimmed, well not ours but our horses hee hee....he loves those trimmings!
Hey there, you must have had Vern as your Farrier....not that I spend that much time looking but........I recognize that backside anywhere. I told him last time he was here he was going to be seen all over the world and boy is he now.
I was LMAO at the kitty behind your computer! OMG! That was too stinkin' funny! Now I know why I love kittens so much!
Good to hear that everyone is trimmed up, and Beamer can hit the trails!
Good eye, Janice.
Your new assistant is so cute!
lol shirley:)
that kitty is pretty cute! i miss you!
Love the little kitty! Lol. My cat always sits on my lap and watches the videos.
How old are foals usually when they get their feet done for the first time?
That video is just priceless. Hard to complain about a kitten that keeps you company and gives you more material for your blog,
Too cute! And I don't even like cats.
I think it's great that you are keeping up with foal trims, too. I've read that it can make a difference in how they walk and develop. Sparkles is so pretty.
That kitty video just made me smile HUGE. How do you get anything doen on your computer at all, with such cute entertainment going on under your nose? hehe!
~Lisa
Hi Shirley, That kitty has a job! I was just catching up with you, you are all moved, what a relief that must be! Looks like you have a great place for the horses!! :)
Shirley, it looks like you are really getting settled in. Everything and everyone looks great! What an adorable kitten...makes me want one!!
Post a Comment