Friday, June 26, 2009

New pasture for the girls

It was time to move the girls to the next paddock today, so I set up the electric fence a few feet in from the barbwire and turned them out into more belly deep grass.
That's the Skimmerhorn Mountains in the background.


Must be about as good as I'd feel if I was turned loose at a chocolate buffet.........

Sparkle was lovin' it, she spent some time ripping around, exploring all the corners, and check out this video, she's sticking her tongue out, sassy little thing!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

beauties and great space for them.. we 're in the process of fencing off new pasture here

here where i ride my qh bareback, but not my arabian :) at least not yet

gp

Paint Girl said...

Now that is horse heaven! Look at all that grass!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Looks pretty wonderful.I can see why you wanted to get back there.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wow! Such lush and green! I envy that grass. We only get grass growth once a year during our monsoons. The rest of the year the horses are kept on dry lots and only hand grazed.

Cute video of little miss Sparkles. :)

~Lisa

Far Side of Fifty said...

Beautiful photos!! So very pretty there:)

gtyyup said...

That is absolutely beautiful...they all look so content. Great place for them!