Monday, June 8, 2009

Getting there!

I know I've been AWOL lately but I've been busy, getting organised here and also I picked up a job painting the house of the elderly lady where my mares are pastured, a very nice person she is, and I will probably work there for a few more days. I get to see the girls while I am painting, and Sparkle was so funny today; she was galloping circles around mama and Chickory, almost as if she was in training for a future career as a reiner! Meanwhile, Beamer is adapting to his solitary life (poor boy!) He is so funny, for the first few days he was really pouting and wouldn't come and socialise with me at all, but now he's back to his lovable self.

Hey! You cows out there! You seen my mares anywhere?


Nope, don't see 'em over there.....

and they're not over there either......

and those definitely aren't MY girls!

(Sigh...) guess I'll just have to visit humans instead!

9 comments:

Michele said...

hi shirley, can you call danielle? ty:)
let me know your new number. i love you!

Jenn said...

Oh my! Beamer might not be with his mares, but look at that VIEW!!! I'm jealous of his mountainside paddock!

He looks fabulous, and your new digs look spectacular!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Beamer looks terrific! and what a beautiful place!

Blackfeatherfarm said...

What a handsome boy ! This time of year is so busy, I know my blog posts have been slow in coming !

paramedicgirl said...

Beamer is a beauty!

kdwhorses said...

Glad you are getting settled in! Looks beautiful there! Poor Beamer!

gtyyup said...

So glad you got moved and are getting settled in. It looks like a really nice area...loved seeing the cowkids on their ponies!! Beamer is really looking good...I feel bad for him missing his girls. But, it's nice that he enjoys your company as well...it makes for a strong bond.

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

Beamer is gorgous!!!! What breed is he? I love all your horses!

Shirley said...

Hi, Wilmoth Farms, thanks for stopping by. The AQHA in my blog title description stands for American Quarter Horse Association; all my horses are registered Quarter Horses. Yup, I agree with you all, Beamer is gorgeous- and I tell him so every day. He loves to be admired- typical guy!