Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sunsets, shoes, and Chip

This is such a beautiful valley, just look at that sunset!

But a sunset always looks better when there is a horse in it....

Beamer has adjusted well, and I'm getting his feet done on Monday so I can start getting him back in shape. I hope to do some trail riding with Janice over at Own A Morgan; she knows some awesome trails around here, hopefully some where I can ride my horse barefoot, as shoeing is too big an expense for me right now. I actually prefer to ride barefoot if the ground isn't too bad; I'm sure Janice remembers the time I went on a 6 hour trail ride with their group and my mare had a front shoe come off in the first mile of the ride, and by the end of the ride she'd lost the other front. I had opted to keep riding, getting off and walking in the rocky areas, as this mare had the toughest feet, and no, she didn't come up sore or lame. I haven't had shoes on Beamer for two years, and it has really helped his feet to grow properly. They were small and cramped from two and a half years of being shod for showing, and I'm sure they are at least a size bigger now. I'll probably put shoes on him later in the summer when I'll be doing more mountain riding, but for now, barefoot it is.

I got a part time job at a little country store/ gas station, and I'm off to work now. But first, meet our new kitten (Ted is to blame for this one!)

Named after Chip Foose, because of his unique paint job, fading from black to grey.

5 comments:

Mikey said...

Aww, he is cute! So glad you're getting settled in and ready to ride. Can't wait to see the new area.

Paint Girl said...

I love that kitty! So cute!!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Cute kitten!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous kitty and lovely photos well done

Lazy A Ranch said...

The first picture is AWESOME, I wish I could take pictures like that here.