I'm on the move again; I've already hauled one load to Creston, and tomorrow I'm loading up the horses and heading down the road; it's a 750 km. trip, that's 466 miles. I'm so not looking forward to this trip, but at least I won't have to haul anymore trips; Ted is doing the next one while I stay with the horses at their new home.
I got the results back from the coat color test I had done on Coyote Belle, and I was right, she does carry the creme dilution gene- one copy so she is heterozygous, and a dilute. I'm not sure, but maybe some of you folks out there would know; can she throw a dilute colored foal from a stallion that doesn't carry the creme dilution gene? Because it's starting to look like Sparkle is coming in with a really dark coat color, possibly smoky black.

I won't have internet for a few days, but maybe I can post from my husband's laptop. Have a great week!
2 comments:
yes, of course she can throw a dilute foal it's like this:
http://tinypic.com/r/qn6v4k/5
there I did a crude example of how she can pass her genes on.
so she actually has a 50% of passing on her creme gene. I hope that helps.
Sad to see you go , but you must be thrilled to finally have a place in Creston. Keep in touch!Sparkle looks wonderful
Post a Comment