So you know I'm going to have a lot of posts on the new foal, right? Today was his first lesson with the halter, I like to halter them right away- gently- because he will need to learn to lead so that he and mama can go out on pasture in a couple of weeks. That is, if the weather smartens up! Today we are having ugly rain storms followed by a few teaser minutes of sunshine, then right back to downpours. Good thing the horses all have shelters.
Baby is all snugged up in his hay when he's not busy slurping milk.
He's pretty funny, he sticks his tongue out a lot. He took to the halter quite well; he actually likes to be handled.
He got a short lesson, not stressful, and I thought he did very well.
A few more days and he'll be leading! He is a little sweetheart. Now for a name......


13 comments:
That was great Shirley, he's doing wonderful.
He's a good looking baby!
I hear it is always good to start imprinting right away. so, adorable!
He's a cutie......I love playing with foals at this stage.
tell him, happy upcoming easter from auntie m! he is too cute:D
I like to imprint too. He looked like a friendly guy from the very first (when he walked right up to your camera on that first video).
He looks like a 'Smoke' to me. Have you already had a horse named Smoke?
He's a beautiful fella, and smart too! :)
@ days and already haltered, wish we could do that with human kids..:-))
I love him! He is so stinkin' cute!!!
He's not quite sure what to think about that pressure but he's handling it quite well. Good for him.
Don't look at me for names, it takes me months. LOL
I love baby animals. The problem is that I want to keep them all. What a cutie.
he is pretty cute! Sure like that greyish color on him. He seems to be handling the halter pretty good, I plan on haltering a little earlier with my baby this year, probly get the baby halter broke before my yearlings, lol.
He's a good boy,those two have nice smart babies. It would be cool if he stayed that color.Where is all that chrome coming from.
Post a Comment