Thursday, June 9, 2011

Rio graduates from preschool

I'm a big boy now!
Rio has realized that it's better to not fight at the hitching rail; he had a day off and after that the light bulb came on in his head and now he is well behaved. His baby coat is shedding now and his true color is showing; check out his chest in this photo:
Looks like he will be the same color as his mama. I kept all the horses in their pens yesterday because we were getting pounded by heavy rain, and this morning when I turned them out they were so happy, running and frolicking. 
Hmmm, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it, Beamer?

9 comments:

Mary said...

He is really a fine looking colt. I love the way he is standing in the first picture, in the second I think I still see a little "pickle face" I'm glad he has decided to be ok standing while tied. He's so cute!

5 Starr's Farm said...

He's sure muscled nice....He sure has a lot of Beamer in him...LOL

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Like father...like son...

What a handsome...and THICK...fellow Rio is.

cdncowgirl said...

For such a young guy Rio sure has a booty... what are your plans for him

Judy said...

Nice looking little one...

Shirley said...

Cdn, Rio is for sale. I try not to get too attached to the little ones, and prefer to have them gone at weaning time.

Linda said...

What a nice way to teach him to stand tied, with his mama near him. You're doing his future owner a big favor. And he is NICE looking!!

The Equestrian Vagabond said...

Smart baby, and a good looking one. I bet Beamer is proud!
- The Equestrian Vagabond

thecrazysheeplady said...

Cute, cute, cute. Nice looking colt.