He got a bath afterwards, his first of the season, he was all sweated up. Of course, he just couldn't WAIT to roll in the dirt as soon as I turned him loose. Ah well.
The calves were quite interested in seeing Beamer roll.
Sammi is in heat right now, so she is being closely supervised. This is her first heat, she is 15 months old. I thought she would have come in a lot earlier than this. Reba and Tess were both in heat in March. I keep eying all the grazing available in the farm yard here and wishing I had a few sheep to graze it down..... and give my dogs something to do....but I'd have to invest in proper fencing, which would probably cost more than the sheep! If I could talk the landlord into letting me have some......sigh.
Hope you all have a great summer, lots of riding and family time and adventures!

6 comments:
Hoo ray for summer! Great cow faces by the way. They are so cute.
Mud gotta love it. The little ones look very interested in what was going on! Hope you have a great summer!
I wish the same for you, Shirley! Happy Summer!
By the way, Nigel has been letting me brush him for the last two days. I mean, really brush him. I keep telling him that he has a beautiful Beamer coat underneath all of that old hair of his... this is the first time he's really let us brush him, so I'm really excited. I think he's finally realized how good it feels!
I like your ne saddle, it looks good, nice that it fits Gussie too. My little Kali thinks mud and water are not in her vocabulary either, but I'm sure she will get over it in time.
Nice photo of the cows. I try not to ride in the mud, my thoroughbred gelding and I had a fall in it, not fun. First time we gave our pony a bath he had a good roll soon as we turned him out, he had a lot of fun getting dirty right after we had given him a good clean.
Regards
Edward
Nice Herefords.....but I'm biased;)
Post a Comment