Woke up to another misty morning, sure wish I had my camera with me as I led the mares out to pasture, because there was one of those perfect shots of Sammi and Tess, standing in the mist, backlit by the rising sun, watching and waiting for me to come along. By the time I put the mares in their paddock and went back for my camera, this was all I could get:
This afternoon, coming back from uptown getting Ted's bandage changed, we could see a lot of smoke billowing up from a fire south of here, probably a grass fire. The valley filled up with smoke quickly, but by evening it had dissipated, so I think they got it under control.
Chickory goes to the trainer on Monday for a week, so I had to change my weaning program around a little. I put my foaling pen back up in the mare shelter, and now in the evening I bring Belle in there and put Gussie in with Chickory and Rio. When Chicky goes away for a week, I'll have to put Gussie in with him and have Belle by herself . Should be good for a lot of hollering!

11 comments:
It's still a magificant photo! You should put watermarks on them, they are so good.
Thats true! Copyright them!........
All you could get? It's lovely. Really atmospheric.
Well, this "catch" is lovely! I've never seen beautiful electrical lines/telephone poles before. :) And of course, the horse is gorgeous.
Get a caribener...keep ir on you! If we get the spoils then the ones that you miss are over the top !
Glad Ted gets his wound checked pray that this time it's clear.
Good for a Hollar...ha! Tape it...I sometimes put those on my phone for ringtones...that one, would be for mother!
Just beautiful!
Great shot..:-)
Wow what a shot!
Beautiful capture! I was looking for a Rio update the other day, and noticed he's no longer listed for sale...must have missed an update?
Glad to hear Ted's on the mend.
I love misty sunrise photos......they're so ethereal! Fooze hiding in the grass on WW was a great shot too!
i had the same thought - 'all you could get'? - wow! that's lovely!
- The Equestrian Vagabond
Post a Comment