Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday Stills

It's all about shiny things, and I have to blame Ed for this one. At the fair, I walked by a table and did a double take- Oh look! Shiny! There was a table full of costume jewelry, chock full of shiny items! Thanks goes out to Hennie Webster, of Unique Jewelry for letting me photograph some of her items, like this bracelet,
and this bracelet too-
both of which sold; I went back to buy the little cross bracelet today, but it was sold. So I'm blaming Ed for getting me look at shiny things because I just had to have a little bling and bought these earrings:
She had plenty of unique items, so her business is well named; like this set, which is made of rutilated quartz:
Yes, Mikey, it's still for sale- pink - it has you written all over it!
But there was plenty of shine going on , especially in mother nature because we have been having beautiful clear, cloudless days for quite some time. I especially like the morning sun for it's soft color.
The shine defines!
Shines in your eyes....
No matter which way you turn!


17 comments:

Janice said...

Well done Shirley.I like the horse shots and I especially like the last one.

Anonymous said...

I loved the jewerly, especially the cross bracelet.:)

Michele said...

the Cross bracelet is really nice!as for the sun, can you tone down your heat a little bit there bud?:D

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Perfect! I love shiny things too!

Just Ramblin' said...

Absolutely stunning...all of them! Great photos.

Jake said...

Great shots of the horses!

John and Regina Zdravich said...

The photos of the horse in the morning light are just BEAUTIFUL! You have a great eye for framing a photograph. Really enjoyed looking at them....

Ed said...

Great jewelery shots and the shine on the coats are fantastic..:-)

Mikey said...

You know me so well, lol. I was just thinking how drawn I was to that quartz and then you said that, lol. Gorgeous stuff! Gorgeous!

Margaret said...

I'll take the outdoor shine over the baubles, that is if I had to choose. But it would be nice to have both! :)

Horses Are Our Lives said...

Beautiful jewelry. Love the sunshine on the horse too.

picturesbybrenda.blogspot.com

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Do the horses mind the sun in their eyes?

I like your Blings.

Shirley said...

Ann, I don't think they actually look into the sun, but it doesn't seem to bother them to face the sun.

aurora said...

Nice job! My favorite shiny photo is the first horse photo. The morning sun is so soft, shining through the mane ~ looks peaceful.

Denise said...

Love the shots of the horses in front of the son. You live in a gorgeous place.

Denise said...

Er that should say 'sun'. It's so long since I've seen it that I've forgotten how to spell it!

2browndawgs said...

Really great pictures. I love the last two.