Saturday, September 10, 2011

Scenes of Serenity

I have some photos from our fall fair, but I will post them on Monday. Today, I'm just enjoying a mellow evening. I'm dog sitting for my sister, and it was nice to have them all laying at my feet.... except Merle, who was playing with the cats....
Foose was hiding under the tractor bucket to get away from him and Leo, my sister's Shi' Tzu.
The moon rose over the mountain at just the perfect spot;
and floated off....
to a picture perfect late summer evening.

It has been a beautiful day; it even started out beautiful, and I got Gussie to pose at sunrise for me:
Yep, a glass of wine, a nearly full moon, a beautiful summer evening, good dogs and good horses... you know there has to be a fly in the ointment somewhere. And that would be that my husband isn't here to share it with me. First, thanks to everyone for all their well wishes, Ted is healing well from his mishap, although he won't be back to work for a couple of weeks. He went to Edmonton yesterday to see his parents; his mom is not doing so well, in hospital and failing. He's staying until at least Monday to take care of paperwork from the doctors that his dad needs to file power of attorney, and to support his dad. The bright side is that he gets to see his son and family tomorrow.
I know that tomorrow is a day of remembrance of tragedy for many, and even though our Sunday Stills is all about things that shine, let's not forget those souls whose bravery outshone the sun.

4 comments:

Jake said...

AMEN to your last sentence! Sorry to hear about Ted's Mom.

Janice Grinyer said...

Hugs to you Shirley - im there in spirit, also sitting in the moonlight, taking it all in...

(((shirley))))

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Beautiful photos Shirley, too bad Ted can't be there with you right now. But I am sure his dad appreciates the support. Serenety is something we all need and a perfect way to remember the brave souls affected on Sept 11

Janice said...

Nice post Shirley...yes Sunday is going to be a rough day for a lot of people.