Friday, May 18, 2012

Beamer's brats

This photos shows Rio's submissive behavior towards Beamer. He comes trotting up, lowers his head and shoulders, and mouths -kinda like clacking his teeth. Sometimes he even pees like a dog does when it's submissive. Beamer accepts it as his just due as herd sire. Then he strolls off and grazes contentedly; all's right in his world.
There's that 12 o'clock dog again; tough to get a photo without Reba in it!
Rio is in another growth spurt, I'm having a hard time putting weight on him even though he has feed in front of him 24/7. I plan on measuring him again this weekend.
In these two photos you can see that the injury on his right front is healing well, no proud flesh and the swelling is mostly gone. Tomorrow I'll put him in the round pen and video his movement, I'm pretty sure he doesn't favor that leg at all but it's good to see it on a video so you can be sure. Nice to see that his heart marking stayed. 
I went to see Janice today, and had a look at Rio's ( and Kai's and Nitro's) full sister, Jazz (Sparkle N Peppy). Janice did a post over on her blog on Jazz, with photos from yearling up to date. She sent me the photos too, and here is one of Jazz, who is now three years old
Ain't she a beauty? I'm hoping Belle will give me another filly next year.
See those greenhouses in the background? That's what Janice does for a living, and I had a nice visit and picked out more plants for my flower gardens, and some tomatoes. Planting tomorrow.... and mowing... and hauling hay... and getting horses feet trimmed.... and feeding horses at my friends place... Sunday evening we're having a backyard bonfire....yep, going to be a good weekend! Have a great long weekend everyone!

10 comments:

Beate said...

All these pictures are great! I'm always amazed by every picture of Beamer, he's simply gorgeous. And Jazz is indeed a real beauty.
Thank you for sharing so many wonderful horse pictures. I'm enjoying them every time.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Those are some beautiful "brats". Sounds like a fun weekend.

Susan said...

I can't wait to get your halter on the baby mule. Sounds like you have a great weekend planned. It must be neat to see how Beamer's babies turn out.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Jazz is a stunner, glad to see Rio is healing well

lisa said...

Beamer sure has the great genes!!

Prairie Girl said...

I love the heart marking! Gorgeous!!!

Janice said...

Can you see what else is in the pic with Jazz...kind of like a 1:00 o'clock dog....I wonder where she gets that from!!!!

Vaquerogirl said...

Nice looking babies fer sure!

AmberRose- Girl With a Dream said...

these are stunning pictures of your horse love them <3

Margaret said...

Such gorgeousness!