Friday, May 25, 2012

Fridays- For Sale

Sherry over at Fern Valley Appaloosas invited us to do Friday For Sale posts, so this week I'm participating.
All three of the brothers are for sale: Midnight Coyote (Kai, owned by friends of mine ), Diamond Rio Peppy, (Rio) and Shining Midnite Moon (Nitro). Here is a link to Rio's page at All Breed Pedigree, of course they are all the same. I like the versatility of these bloodlines, there's run, rein and cow. So without further ado, here are this morning's photos:
Nitro:
Don't be fooled by that light brown color- he is shedding out the same color as his brothers.

Next up is Rio:
Sorry- a little blurry.
Rio is still intact.

And then the older brother- Kai:
Kai needs to shed out a little more, but he'll slick out quickly now.
And, he's learning not to take any crap from his stud brother!

Yesterday we got out the level and tape; Rio and Kai are exactly the same height at 14.1 1/4. Kai is expected to finish out around 15 hh, and Rio at about 15.1 1/2 hh. It's too early to measure Nitro, but we should be able to get a minimum measure by August. 
So here's the deal- if someone takes all 3 or even two of them, we'll work out a package deal. Contact me for individual prices.

7 comments:

Susan said...

Nice looking trio. It's amazing how close in color they are.

I like the name suggestion for the baby mule, we'll have to see what Tom decides.

Sarah said...

They look great Shirley! I was just telling Malcolm a couple days ago when we were talking horses, that your Rio would be an aweful nice stud to have. Wish we were set up and ready for that.

Linda said...

Nice looking boys! I like the butt on Nitro!

Anonymous said...

Wish I had room for more - even one . . . Like the quality of the pedigree - lots of good stuff in there.

GunDiva said...

If only I had some property...

*sigh*

Sherry Sikstrom said...

3 amazing looking colts! Any or all 3 would be great additions to a farm. I figure Nitro needs to head to Colorado and set fire to the barrel racing competitions with BEC, and you know the other two would make a snappy riding/ driving team for a couple...

Shirley said...

I agree about Nitro having a future in barrels. Rio and Kai will have too much height difference to make a team, but they sure would look snappy together. How about all 3 as a team penning trio?