Sunday, May 13, 2012

Crap from blogger

I just got the "your blog has disappeared" notice and followed the recommended steps to get it back- I'm pretty sure it's a scam from blogger because I refused to add a mobile phone number to my google account- the only way I could access my blog again was to agree to get a verification code texted or sent by voice mail to my phone. So now they are happy, they have my phone number. What a scam! Shame on you, Google.

14 comments:

Shirley said...

Oh yeah- the notification said they had detected unusual activity on my account and therefore they deleted my blog. Suuuuurrrrre

Unknown said...

That's weird. I haven't gotten that kind of notice, but I imagine it's just a matter of time.

Dreaming said...

I had the same thing happen a few months ago. I don't recall having to use a phone number to get it back, but I do remember having to reset passwords, etc. It was all very maddening.

Mary said...

That's just wrong! I really don't want to have to share my phone number. You would think and e-mail would be enough. grrrr

Michele said...

when i get this message, i just ignore it. you don't have to give them your phone number

Michele said...

oh and shirley, report that to google. they are not allowed to ask for your phone number. heck, i'd change my number if i were you.

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

I occasionally get that, 'Please add your phone number for security reasons' message when I have to relog in. I'm not giving them my #...so I guess if my blog disappears, Ya'll will know the same thing happened to me and I decided not to give up my #. :(

Sherry Sikstrom said...

After being hacked last summer that was the only way I got my blog back, not impressed that Google couldn't seem to decide when I had all mu info correct that the hacker was me and I wasn't . I have now backed up my blog by importing it , to my hard derive, and have the whole blog also imported to another blog server set to private, but still available to me. If I ever lose it again I will likely just move the whole thing

Linda said...

I got that too....now I have to type in their texted number every time I use a different computer.

Shirley said...

Sherry- I might call you to help me do a back up.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

no problem Shirley I will be happy to help if I can

Ed said...

And thats why I'm at wordpress....for now..:-)

lisa said...

I sure agree, Shirley! Seems like nothing is sacred anymore!

Rising Rainbow said...

Oh geez, I've not had this mess to deal with. I will be checking with FV too figuring out how to back things up. Hackers suck. Life if tough enough without this kind of crap.