Today's challenge is to photograph commercial vehicles. I take my hat off to the truckers who spend their time on the road hauling the freight that keeps the stores full for consumers, or haul construction equipment over the back roads of the nation, haul just about anything anywhere. Including cows, like the truck that brought the cows here yesterday:
I live in an area where there is a lot of logging; my dad used to drive logging trucks and told me about some of the hair-raising excuses for roads they had to haul their heavy loads on.
But there's one thing all those truckers appreciate, and that is the truck that can bring them tires when they are broke down on the road:
Stay safe out there all you truckers- keep 'er between the ditches!



10 comments:
Great choices Shirley. And thanks for the mother's day wishes. :):)
I agree about 'hats off' to the truckers. That life must be tough.
Tom drove truck years ago and he still checks out big rigs going down the road.
Some of those tires are really big. I wonder how much they weigh. Nice pictures.
Logging trucks scare me sometimes, I have to give them credit for moving them logs, they are sure hard to tie down and keep still.
Love that Elk bumper guard on the Western Star..A true Canadian truck..:-))
I like the shed on top of the cab.
thatz some serious thoughts and yeh truckers are just wow!!
nice shots
Well DONE! I agree HATS off to the men and women who move the world!
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.co
Post a Comment