Saturday, May 12, 2012

Just horse stuff

Yesterday's trip to Cranbrook to take Chickory in for her vet work went well; Chicky loaded like an old pro, the trip was uneventful, and she was good for the vet. I pick up her paperwork on the 21st, so she will be ready to go any time after that.
It's nice to get back to our normal routine, I especially love to watch the horses when I first turn them out in the morning. Today, they didn't play much, they were more interested in chowing down on the grass because I kept them off the pasture yesterday. (Poor things!)
Beamer, however, let'r'rip- he was happy to stretch his legs a little- that is, after his obligatory roll in the soft dirt pile that he favors. So much for staying clean for photos!
No, he's not coming down a hill in this photo....
The cows are coming in today, so I get to saddle up Beamer to help push them out of the corral where they are unloading (the mare pen). Whee!
Ever notice how when horses are galloping hard their back feet go apart and outside of their front feet?

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Looking good, Nitro looks so brown!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Pure joy! Love to see shots of the Ultimate Mr Handsome at play
Nitro has some big shoes to fill, but so far he sure seems on the right track

Dreaming said...

I love watching slow motion movies of horses leaving the starting gate. They have such incredible power!

Dreaming said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jake said...

Nice looking colt. I love how long their legs are.

texasnascarcowgirl said...

time is getting close...I still have not told Jason.*pat on the back* LOL