Make the right thing easy and the wrong thing hard.
These words from legendary horseman Ray Hunt echo throughout the years. I remember the first time I heard them, at a clinic given by Walt Vermadahl in 1990. Walt had been to some Ray Hunt clinics and shared what he learned with us. Those words have stayed with me, colouring my approach to horsemanship. Those words have helped me in life as well as in my relationship with horses.
The world has lost a legend, but his legacy lives on in every person who has embraced natural horsemanship, with every person who has learned to listen to the horse, to handle their horses with feel, timing and balance.
We and our horses owe Ray Hunt and the Dorrance brothers a debt of gratitude.
Ray, may your soul rest in well deserved peace.
3 comments:
Those words echo through every single day here with the horses AND our kids. They are also words we pass along to clients. Makes them stop and think when they interact with their horses as well.
Mr. Hunt will be missed tremendously.
So sad, isn't it? What a great horseman. I am only beginning to learn, and I'm glad I have Ray Hunt and his followers to still learn from. I love the quote. It makes so much sense to approach horse's that way....in fact, many things in life!
Sad , the loss of a great horseman.May his knowledge and teachings continue to improve the industry through his students
Post a Comment