That's iodine on her belly
She's back to pestering the boys now though, and snuggling up with her favorite buddy, Foose.
I've had a couple of inquiries on Velvet from my Kijiji ads and I'm really hoping for her to sell to the ones who don't live too far away- I'd love to see her as she grows up.
My honey came home with some "just because" flowers for me today- what a nice way to brighten up a rather dismal day! It has been foggy and damp here today. I mucked out the mare shelter, and set up the panels for the foaling pen. Foaling is about two and a half months away, and I want to get Coyote Belle on grain so I needed a place to put her where the other two girls couldn't pester her. I don't have the luxury of a barn with separate stalls, just a shelter that is 20 feet wide by 50 feet long, so I split it up and paneled off the foaling pen which is about 20 x 25. It also gives me a place to put Gussie for a day or two when I bring her home and they all get reacquainted. Still don't have a plan for getting her home, but we may be able to go in two weeks. Meanwhile, I'm working on some ground work with Velvet and she is coming along nicely. I might use the foaling pen as a mini training pen and do a little sacking out.
10 comments:
What a sweet hubby! pretty flowers!Glad Kitties are feeling better, and good luck with Velvet's sale.
I love 'just because' flowers, and also cards.
Those 2 1/2 months before foaling are going to whiz by!
Those poor little "sausages!" Like the flowers.
Now that is the way to receive flowers! Just because. Glad the kitties are doing good! Good luck with playing with Velvet!
Just because flowers! Those are the best kind in the world!
You'll have a new one on the ground in no time.
Your hubby could do a clinic and I could send my hubby to learn a few things;)
Oh, how sweet that you got "just because" flowers. :D Good for you!!!
Sometimes innovation is the key to new ideas - the foaling pen /round pen sounds like a good use of space to me!
The flowers are beautiful...he must love you ;)...
Ooops! For a minute I thought the flowers were for the kitties. Lucky girl. I know I appreciate them more in the winter. I just like the feel of them never mind the pretty smell.
How sweet your man is...or were they a get well for the kittens? LOL...I'm sure you deserve them many times over!
Post a Comment