Yeah, that's not a typo!
First - something new: There's a new blog by a farrier, which I found out about by this post on One Old Cowgirl's View. Head on over and check it out!
And the something sold-
well, that would be my Bob Loomis Reining saddle which I sold to Lisa over at Home on the Range blog. One step closer to paying off my new saddle for Beamer!
I rode Beamer today, and tried posting bareback. Man- that's hard! I didn't get much rise, but I did have the rhythm good. We also loped a little bit, but not for long- the B-boy was a little too fresh for me to trust my balance at the lope. My plans for tomorrow are to sack Velvet out with the saddle blanket and saddle. I am so ready for spring! Especially since I see that Coyote Belle is slipping her winter hair a little bit; for the last two weeks, actually. Yup, cabin fever is setting in.
10 comments:
Congrats on the sale of you saddle . And posting bareback! wow you are feeling spring coming on!
I'll admit it... I'm envious reading about you posting bareback. :) Funny you mention that about Coyote Belle... I could've sworn that Fergus was looking lighter in the hair just yesterday.
Thanks for selling me your saddle, the "test" ride was great! But I think if I tried to run barrels I'd get popped out the back lol
Man I admire you for riding bareback, that's on my goal list but I don't see it happening anytime soon.
posting bareback? thats a workout and a half - I think you def. need ice cream afterwards lol!
I had major cabin fever here today! Brought all the horses by trailer to the house stables! Two trips and a lot of grief from the dogs!!!! Anyway, managed to strip all the rugs off the beasts, and give them a thorough going over with a brush. All are in good condition for the time of year and, although I say it myself, I`m pleased with the feet of my older mare. Took her shoes off about two months ago, and low and behold? They look really good. I didnt ride, but spent nearly 6 wonderful hours with them all! I stink to high heaven of horse! How bloody wonderful is that!!!
Can't wait to see the new saddle. I am going to have JB over at Dennisranch, weblog make me a saddle and I am hoping to go out that way this summer and get myself fitted and so forth. I have a roping saddle that I had bought way back when I first got into riding and the hubby likes it so he gets the old one and I get the new one. Glad you were able to sell it! I will have to go to the new blog! You have a good day.
I read Lisa's blog first, so knew you had sold her the saddle. She sounds so excited about it. Congrats on the sale and being able to make a move toward your new saddle.
Uh, posting bareback? Are you nuts?! Ouch, my legs hurt just thinking about it!
We've had spectacular weather - perfect for riding outside. But, I've been stuck working on the house. Like everyone, I am ready for winter to be gone - poof! Go Away!
What a gorgeous saddle. :)
I still want a horse, and a saddle and a bridle and EVERYTHING involved... but where to take the time for a horse with all the dog training?
I just visited your saddle over at Lisa's. That's cool it worked out for both of you like that.
Riding bareback is hard. Posting that way even harder. I remember those days but I don't do them anymore. LOL
Thanks for putting up a link to Ian's blog. I'm sure it will be a good one. He probably won't post real often. He's like most cowboys, not a real big computer guy but he sure knows about farrier stuff.
Post a Comment