Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday Stills

Macro is the focus today (pun intended!) So without further ado, here is what I got up close and personal with over the last few days.
Velvet

Sammi


Beamer

The saddle I'm selling


The inside of Ted's 1907 Pocket Watch

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the shot of Sammi, great color, and Ted's watch. Great job, well done. :)

Ed said...

Love sammi's snout, but the watch shot is spectacular!!! :-)

Mrs. Mom said...

I never would have thought that insdie a watch could be so amazing. Thanks Shirley for putting that one up.

(Course, you know I loved the critters too!!)

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Beamer,is, of course, gorgeous but I'm amazed at the watch innards!

lisa said...

Love that last one! But they all are just great.

Achieve1dream said...

I love that picture of Velvet's eyes. Beautiful. The other pictures are great too!! Good job!

Crystal said...

Wow I love the shot of Velvet! but unique shot of the watch as well.

Janice said...

Great shots. I also enjoyed the Beamer post ...who could get tired of Beamer shots.

Gail said...

Amazing photos! The first one has stolen my heart.

gtyyup said...

Sammi's just too cute! Great shot of the schnoz!

I really like the depth of field you got on Ted's watch...great detail! Couldn't go wrong with a neat watch like that one!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oh wow! That watch shot is classic. Perfect composition, too.
I also like the bright blue framing Sammi's snout.

~Lisa

5 Starr's Farm said...

Awesome shot, Shirley.......

thecrazysheeplady said...

Love the watch! All nice.

Horses Are Our Lives said...

love the soft look of the horse's eyes. Sammi is so cute! Good luck selling the saddle. Hands down, that watch is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

oops, post should have come from the picture blog and not the horses are our lives blog.

http://picturesbybrenda.blogspot.com

Linda said...

I LOVE Ted's pocket watch! Sammi's nose is pretty darn cute too.

Anonymous said...

these are lovely
i adore your last photo, its very vintage & stunning

Leah said...

Great pictures..... they are all superb!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh the pocket watch is second..only to Beamers eye:)

flowerweaver said...

Sammi steals the show! But the cool pocket watch comes in a close second.

cdncowgirl said...

I have to go against the popular vote... I love the Velvet shot, IMO its better than the Beamer one. But its my 2nd fav, like a lot of others I like the watch innards the best.

That saddle you're selling, if its not spoken for can you e-mail me pics and details? cdncowgirl@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Pocket Watch..The perfect shot!!! :D
Cool shots!

Sarah said...

very pretty pictures! Its neat that though horses are large animals, they make even macro pictures beautiful!

Judy Johnson said...

Love each and every one of them!

Janice Grinyer said...

I think this is my favorite macro post ever!

aurora said...

Great shots. I'll never get tired of Beamer! Pocket watch shot is stunning.