Summer is winding down, the horses are shedding their summer coat, the nights are noticeably cooler although the days are still hot and muggy.
Rio is frisky in the cool morning air
The neighbours are baling their second cut and there have been a lot of birds looking for dinner in the swaths, like this Ferruginous Hawk.
The calves over the fence from the horses are all fat and sassy, thriving on the lush moist pasture here; unlike the drought stricken areas in the US we have had a wonderful summer- I guess those high waters in June have kept the ground water high, because it's a bumper crop for hay here this year.I advertised Nitro on Facebook, and had great response; the first people who looked at him loved him but weren't set up for keeping a weanling, so they passed on him, but on Monday a local girl is coming to see him. She was here earlier this year to look at Beamer for breeding their mare, and is interested in Nitro as a barrel prospect- just the kind of home I envisioned for him. And local too, so I'll get to see him -yay! I'll know for sure on Monday.
Going... going... and almost gone



11 comments:
That would be fun for you if someone local bought Nitro, he's a good barrel prospect too. Good luck, hope it's a good fit for all concerned!
That would be fantastic if Nitro sells to someone local!! But darn it... he could have been my future barrel horse!! Dang it... I really need more property!!
Its good think, that one of your foals will stay local. Makes things feel ok.
I hope Nitro finds a wonderful home. Would be so fun for you if he were close by so you could see him in action now and then.
Hope he is the right fit-always feels good to have an animal go where you know it should be...:)
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. It would be wonderful if he were in the area - just imagine how proud you'll feel as you see him growing up and doing things!
Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed that your Nitro gets a new family! How exciting!! (0:
What !! An !!!ASS!!!!that horse is built to be a Barrel horse. Hope they are a good fit.
How cool would be perfect to be close, and a barrel home too!
I hope Nitro stays close. Awesome pics love the calf love Herefords.
It does not feel like fall is coming here it is hot and dry.Love the hawk too. B
Exciting I hope the deal works out.It is so great when you can follow their careers
Post a Comment