Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday Stills

This week Sarah gave us the welcome challenge of photographing cats. My three cats are all very different; first there is the reclusive Pearl; she is strictly a house cat, the great outdoors is full of terrors for her. She loves me, tolerates Ted and is petrified when we have company- she hides.
She is actually a calico under that Siamese paint job. Next, there is Foose. He is reserved, not too happy about cuddling but he "allows" it. He loves to be an outside cat and only comes in for food and at night .
Thanks for spotlighting the clover in my flower bed- I know I need to weed it!
Last but not least is Thumper. He's the class clown, the character, lovable and cuddly, and the biggest klutz. I named him Thumper because when he was a kitten he'd try to jump up on things and his big belly would get in the way and he'd fall back with a big thump.
He also talks to you when you call his name. He and Foose are best buddies, they have fun together.
Foose is usually the instigator.
Zoned in on something....
Thumper makes a getaway!

12 comments:

Michele said...

very nice photos :) being a cat lover myself:) pearl has the prettiest eyes, and markings doesn't she? foose and thumper are very handsome boys :)

nice kitty family:)

Anonymous said...

Pretty kitties. I won't allow Bella outside, it is just too dangerous! Three years old and never stepped foot outdoors. She would love to I know. :)

Eva said...

Great looking cats. I love the one of Thumper in the tree, and Pearl looks like such a darling.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am in love with your beautiful Pearl..her coloring is stunning:)

The Dancing Donkey said...

I love that orange stripe on Pearl's face. They are a beautiful group and the photos are great.

John and Regina Zdravich said...

Love your cats! They are real cuties!

aurora said...

What unique coloring Pearl has! Great photos. Our cat talks to us too. Thumper resembles a bobcat in that tree, well a soft cuddly one anyways!

Crystal said...

Nice cat pics! Pearl is so pretty! Our cat talks to us so much so and that is why he lives outside ;)

Ed said...

Great shots, I was looking forward to seeing some Foose shots, now I can look forward to more Pearl and Thumper pics too..:-)

Montanagirl said...

Cute kitties! Love that shot of "Foose" in the flowerbed. I had to look twice.

thecrazysheeplady said...

These are great! Such interesting colors and markings. Love Thumper's expression :-).

Cassandra said...

You have the most adorable cats and I love how you have captured their personalities in each photo. Great post!:)