Saturday, August 4, 2012

Sunday Stills

The first challenge from Sarah is sports, so here is my hat tip to the Olympics. There are equine events; how about Endurance riding?
And in 3 Day Eventing, there's cross country....
Well, around here, we just call it horseback riding- that's a sport isn't it?
And one of the best summer sports is swimming (and apparently fetching sticks).
All I could come up with, since I was  on a horseback vacation for the week!

15 comments:

aurora said...

Nice take on the challenge! I was going to do an equine spin and take pictures at a fun horse show yesterday, but it was high 90's and then storms rolled in. I ended up digging into my archive.

I really like the shot of Janice (and Moxie?)!!

Shirley said...

Thanks Aurora, that's Mattie she's riding.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yes! They sound like great events to me! Especially swimming for sticks! :)

Michele said...

that sounds absolutely sweet. i would love to go on vacation away from the madness of so many people cramped into such a small place.


unfortunately, i wont travel in this blazing weather we are suffering from. need fall weather.

Ed said...

Great shots, that water looks sooooo refreshing..:-)

Anonymous said...

Loved all your "sports" shots, especially the limb hurdle! :)

Linda said...

Looks like an Olympic sort of a vacation. Love the dog's water sport;))

Nivin Kadar said...

Horse riding..is really cool! Wish I had a horse :)

Wollreflections

Michele said...

me too wildblack, me too.

The Dancing Donkey said...

Now those are my kind of sports! Great shots.

Oak Creek Ranch said...

It looks like you had a wonderful horseback vacation! Where did you go?

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Gold medal fetch picture! Great shots !

Anonymous said...

really loved that first shot, what an amazing place to be on the top of a horse. Our horse riding is paid like for 15 minuts, there is no time to build up a connection with the horse, i love them.

Eva said...

Nice series, and horseback riding is definitely sport enough.
Love the on of the dog in the water.

thecrazysheeplady said...

How fun! And you all are riding in long sleeves ;-).