Saturday, February 9, 2013

Hello in there!

A few weeks ago, I got to see Belle's baby, bumping and boogieing around in mama's belly; even as far back as the December clinic, when Tara was working on Belle's feet and got bumped in the head by that active little baby; but although I have been watching patiently, no sign of motion in Gussie's belly. Finally.... this morning at chore time, it was a-dancin' away in there!


By my reckoning, they are about 6 weeks away from foaling. Gussie was covered from April 13-21, and Belle was covered from April 15-18.
As soon as they start making bag, I'll get the foaling contest underway, so keep an eye out for that post- should be soon!

7 comments:

Susan said...

Spring is such an exciting time, all the babies being born.

luvmyhrs said...

Oh YAAAAHHHHH I am so excited to see this baby move!!!! Yeeehaawww can't wait to see it!!

Kurious Kim said...

That video brings back such sweet (and bittersweet) memories. I will always remember our little colt that had to be put down the day after foaling. I hope I can make it to your place this spring to play with one of the babies!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh I can hardly wait. B

Montanagirl said...

That's a very cool video!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Way cool..thanks for sharing:)

The Equestrian Vagabond said...

oh my goodness! sure, i know human babies move and kick around, but I'd never thought of mares and horse babies doing that! cool to catch it on video!
- The Equestrian Vagabond