That is one stout machine! Completely hand built, designed and fabricated by my talented husband.It tilts to work in an upright position as well as horizontal, for those rounds that are too large to lift.
I spent the afternoon in my favorite place- a bareback ride on my Beamer, headed out to the big field for a cruise.
We were watched by Rio as we made our way out:
It'll be his turn next year!
There is only a few inches of soft snow left on the fields, and we picked our way through the low lying spots where the water gathers; Beamer isn't too fond of wet crossings with bad footing, but went through with only minor suspicion and we headed to the far side of the field where the drainage canal is.
I was hoping to see some birds, there were a pair of Flickers but they flew away before I could photograph them. Beamer was really enjoying himself, and the dogs had to investigate the mouse trails and holes, especially where the coyotes had been.
I never get tired of this view, especially from an ear-cam position.
A jet flew over, and left the smoke ring con trail that I have seen a few times here.
We made our way around the field, and Rio was there watching for us.(Nitro too!)
After I groomed Beamer, I let him snack on the lawn, when Thumper came along, so he got his first ride on a horse.
He wasn't too sure about it at first, and Beamer only lifted his head once before deciding it wasn't worth interrupting his chow time, and Thumper settled down and relaxed for a few minutes before jumping off.
A totally wonderful day!
10 comments:
OK...I'm jealous. We haven't gone to a dance since we were dating!
I love seeing Thumper on a horse. We used to have barn kitties that would snuggle on the back of select horses - they knew how to stay warm!
Your ride looks like it was beautiful - what a fabulous day.
Oh... and I am impressed by the log splitter.
Lucky girl...it looks so pretty.That is a nice log splitter.Well done Ted.
I don't know how I survived without a log splitter! Unfortunately, my arms are all soft and flabby now hahaha.
Sure sounds like a wonderful day! We love our splitter and wouldn't go without one! Glad you were able to vamp it up!
Sounds wonderful! Gotta love horse lovin' cats. Our trainer has one that lives to ride, and does on a regular basis. Koda in particular was fond of her kitty Belle.
Lovely day for a ride! That last photo is priceless. You know that, right??
woohoo! a snow ride! ours is gone now : (
- The Equestrian Vagabond
Sounds like a perfect afternoon to me too. I just love handy husbands and tame animals.
Cool splitter, but I can still use an axe ;-)
I always love your Beamer posts... truly attests to you, and your horsemanship, that he is such a gentle, awesome stallion.
Post a Comment