Hollyhocks
Catmint
and a little ground cover Verbena that I'm pretty sure wasn't supposed to be a perennial.
These photos were taken on Valentine's day. Today it's just cool enough for a few snowflakes to float down, so I'm hoping these plants are hardy enough to keep growing.
The number of geese and ducks is on the rise, every morning at chore time some of them wing their way overhead. I haven't been able to capture a good enough photo of them yet, but it's not for lack of trying.
10 comments:
you are so right -- Almost Spring! though it seems here in Northwest Indiana it has been "almost spring" all winter! the photos are so pretty, by the way!!!
We have a nice day here. 45 above and sunny with no wind. Supposed to get snow tomorrow though.
Lovely green beginnings there! Hoping that groundhog was right!
I am so envious! We're a long way from even seeing the top of the ground but you're giving me a little hope at least.
Oh yay! Greenness! I can't tell you how excited I was to see tulips and daffodils poking their little green leaves up through the ground. Spring is near!
Akready?? Wow...this gets me very excited!
I think the only thing I really miss while we are on the road is messing in my garden. Thanks for the glimpse of what might be happening in my yard, too.
I have a perennial Veronica that kind of looks like that last plant..it reseeds all over for me..and has beautiful blue flowers in June. It is wonderful to see some thing shoot up after the winter..I will probably have to wait about two or three more months:(
Last week I heard a commotion overhead at around 6 pm--walked outside and could hear the geese. It was too dark to see them, but it sounded like a huge flock. I'm getting lots of green stuff, too. Could it be an early spring for us?? Today is gorgeous here--hope it is there for you!
Spring is springing here also. I love poking around the flower beds and seeing whats popping their heads out. I have some snowdrops and buttercups along with ground cover.
Post a Comment